Is It Possible to Beat a Driving Fifty or More Over the Speed Limit Charge?
When Charged With a Serious Offence Such as Speeding 50 or More Over the Limit, Driving Under Suspension, Careless Driving, Stunt Driving, Racing, Among Others, Hiring a Professional Legal Firm Marketing Agency to Handle Your Defence Is Your Best Strategy.
Understanding How to Fight Serious Traffic Ticket Charges
Charges such as Speeding 50 or More Over the Limit, Driving Under Suspension, Careless Driving, Stunt Driving, Racing, among others, are some of the most serious offences within the Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8 and upon a conviction, the consequences can be severe. The penalties may include significant fines plus victim surcharges, likelihood of higher insurance rates, possible license suspension, and even jail. Accordingly, serious charges deserve a very strong defence.
Fighting the Charges
The consequences upon conviction of a serious traffic ticket charge can be significant and thus it is important to strongly fight these charges as vigorously as possible. As when fighting all traffic tickets, the process involves:
The court filing of a not-guilty plea, or if necessary, the appearance on a court date to enter a plea of 'not guilty' on your behalf.
The development of case preparations including:
- The ordering and obtaining of disclosure including all relevant documents such as, among other things, the notes of the charging officer;
- The review of the evidence disclosure documents;
- The request for additional disclosure, if necessary; and
- The 'best likelihood for success' strategy planning
The necessary court advocacy including;
- The representation at the early resolution meeting;
- The attendance at all motion hearings, if any;
- The questioning of witnesses at trial;
- The presenting of legal submissions; and
- The acting in your best interests so to achieve the most favourable outcome possible.
After your case is finished a written report summarizing your case will be provided to you.
Traffic tickets within the serious charges category can have drastic consequences upon conviction including severe fines, substantially increased insurance rates, potential license suspension, and possibly even some jail time. Hiring a professional who knows how to negotiate with prosecutors, knows how to question witnesses including which questions to ask and which questions to avoid, and who knows the law and is ready to make persuasive arguments on the applicable legal principles, is highly important. For representation that puts your best interests first, contact [Legal Firm's Name] today!